Gault&Millau names Lm Restaurant of the Year
Restaurant guide, Gault&Millau, launched its 2017 guide and revealed the winners of its annual awards program at an event in Melbourne on 7 November.
The guide first launched in Australia in 2013, and is well regarded by hospitality professionals in Europe.
Its 2017 release comprises over 600 restaurant reviews across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra, rating restaurants out of 20.
Complementing the guide’s unveiling was the announcement of the winners of Gault&Millau’s annual awards program.
Restaurant of the Year went to Melbourne's Lm, launched in July 2015 by Shaun Quade and John-Paul Fiechtner.
The winners include:
- The Yellow Rose Award (recognises a restaurant that has most successfully jumped the many hurdles faced by chefs and restaurateurs) – France-Soir, Melbourne
- Professional of the Year – Vicki Wild, Sepia, Sydney
- Sommelier of the Year – Amanda Yallop, Quay, Sydney
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Anna Polyviou, Shangri-La Sydney
- New Restaurant of the Year – Amaru, Melbourne
- Potentialist of the Year – Katey Shaw, Campbelltown Catholic Club, Sydney
- Chef of the Year – Grant King, Gastro Park, Sydney
- Restaurant of the Year – Lm, Melbourne