The line-up for Hospitality’s Restaurant Leaders Summit keeps getting better, with some of the industry’s most innovative entrepreneurs agreeing to share their experiences at the one day business conference.
This year taking place at the Grand Ballroom, Royal Randwick Racecourse, the Restaurant Leaders Summit will once again offer restaurateurs, chefs and other foodservice professionals a day full of advice, inspiration and operational best practice.
The conference and mini-expo will see industry leaders take the stage in a series of panel discussions, Q&A sessions and presentations, discussing their businesses, strategies for success and how they’ve overcome challenges to drive profits and set themselves apart from their competitors.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Solving the staffing saga – visas, underpayments and tips for retention
- Moving out of the big smoke – the case for regional openings
- Innovative ways to drive sales Monday-Wednesday
- Proven strategies for keeping costs in-check
- How, when and why to franchise
- And plenty more!
A number of industry leaders have agreed to share their tips for business success on the day. These include:
- Josh Niland, owner, Saint Peter
- Tony Panetta, executive chef, International Convention Centre Sydney
- Lisa Margan, co-owner, Margan winery and restaurant in the Hunter Valley
- Nino Zoccali, owner, The Restaurant Pendolino and La Rosa
- Andrew El-Bayeh, director of Example PR and former marketing director at Merivale
- Jason Jelicich, partner and senior business coach, Barmetrix
- Clovis Young, founder, Mad Mex
Two of the industry’s most innovative female entrepreneurs will also be attending RLS: Palisa Anderson of Chat Thai, and Sarah Holloway, co-founder of Matcha Maiden and Matcha Mylkbar.
Anderson will be taking part in a one-on-one Q&A session, sharing the story of Chat Thai’s incredible success and how it’s managed to garner a cult-like following amongst both chefs and diners. She’ll also shed light on why she’s decided not to franchise her business, and how she manages the brand’s growth while also maintaining quality and consistency.
Holloway will deliver a 10 minute presentation, inspiring the audience with the incredible success story that is Matcha Maiden. She’ll provide insight into the brand’s global expansion and outline on the financial benefits of operating a vegan café. Holloway will also sit on the Don’t Get Lost in the Noise – How to be Visible Online panel, giving audience members advice on how to build a loyal audience on Instagram.
Early bird tickets for restaurant trade (operators, managers, chefs, etc) are on sale until 30 June 2017 priced at $249 + GST. From 1 July 2017, tickets will be priced at $349 + GST. Suppliers may purchase tickets for the early bird rate of $499 + GST until 30 June 2017. From 1 July 2017 tickets will be priced at $599 + GST. Restaurant operators who buy eight tickets or more tickets will get a discount of 20%.
To view the video packages from last year’s Restaurant Leaders Summit, click here.
The Restaurant Leaders Summit is brought to you by Comcater, RATIONAL, OpenTable, Conga Foods, H&L Australia, Oracle Hospitality, FLAT and Scotchmans Hill Wines.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Dan Shipley on (02) 8586 6163 or at firstname.lastname@example.org