Rockpool mixologists and Four Pillars team up to make limited edition gin [recipe]
Mixologists from Neil Perry’s Rockpool Group have teamed up with the Four Pillars distillery to create the limited edition, Modern Australian Gin.
Boasting an array of botanicals such as red and green Szechuan, quandong, macadamia nuts, fresh grapefruit peel, tangelos and Rosie Glow apples together with traditional Four Pillars ingredients, the resulting spirit is an Asian-inspired, "Modern Australian" gin.
The creation was a team effort between Rockpool’s mixologists Ryan Gavin, Max Gurtler and Jacob Dykes, along with Four Pillars’ distiller Cameron Mackenzie, and will be available in selected Qantas First lounges, Rockpool Group restaurants around Australia, and directly through Four Pillars.
Rockpool's Mixologists have designed three special cocktails using the spirit including the Hanky Panky, Gin Spritzer and The Doctor’s Order.
“As it says on the side of the bottle, when the opportunity arose to make a gin with the Rockpool Mixologists for Qantas, how could we say no?” says Mackenzie. “We’re really excited to extend our Bartender Series and welcome the newest member of the family; the Modern Australian Gin.
“The gin itself is exceptional. The Asian spices give it a lovely warm mouthfeel, while the macadamia nuts give it softness and the apple and quandong give it freshness and a touch of the exotic. It’s delicious, it’s different and it will make a great drink, however you choose to enjoy it.”
Modern Australian Gin recipes
- 40ml Four Pillars Bartender Series Modern Australian Gin
- 20ml sweet red vermouth
- 5ml Fernet Branca
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Build in mixing glass
- Add ice
- Stir for 40 revolutions or until desired dilution
- Strain into chilled martini glass
- 15ml Four Pillars Bartender Series Modern Australian Gin
- 15ml Aperol
- Sparkling wine
- Pour gin and Aperol into champagne flute
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with an orange twist
The Doctor’s Order
- 30ml Four Pillars Bartender Series Modern Australian Gin
- 10ml Lillet Blanc
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml lime juice
- 10ml honey water (3 parts honey 1 part hot water)
- Ginger kombucha
- Fill a tall glass with plenty of ice
- Build all ingredients into glass and top with store bought ginger kombucha
- Garnish with mint and lemon wheel