For more than 120 years, Dairy Farmers has been delivering goodness to the Australian foodservice industry. The Dairy Farmers range is trusted to deliver quality to your dishes through its much-loved culinary creams, cheese, butter, and cream cheese.
Heading into the festive season it’s vital to have an enticing dessert menu for those who are looking to treat themselves. Cheesecake is a much-loved dessert, but this take featuring Bega Crunchy peanut butter and salted caramel brittle is sure to catch the attention of your diners.
Peanut butter cheesecake with salted caramel brittle
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Refrigeration time: 4.5 hours
175g granita biscuits
80g Dairy Farmers Salted butter, melted
¾ cup Bega Crunchy peanut butter
500g Dairy Farmers cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup caster sugar
3 tablespoons gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water
300ml Dairy Farmers thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
1½ cups caster sugar
50g Dairy Farmers Salted butter, chopped
½ teaspoon salt flakes
100g caramel popcorn
75g Dairy Farmers Salted butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon milk
1. Crush biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Transfer to a medium sized
bowl and mix in the butter. Press evenly into a 20cm springform cake tin and
refrigerate for 30- 45 minutes until set firm.
2. Warm the peanut butter slightly in a microwave (or over a double boiler) until
3. Beat Dairy Farmers cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until
smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture, vanilla extract and peanut butter until
combined. Fold in Dairy Farmers thickened cream. Spoon over the chilled
biscuit base, and using a spatula, smooth down the top evenly.
4. Refrigerate for 4 ½ hours or overnight.
5. For the brittle; spread the peanuts out on one layer on a flat baking tray lined
with baking paper and set aside.
6. Heat the sugar with ½ cup water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir with
a metal spoon until sugar has dissolved then stop stirring and cook for 8-10
minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and stir the butter through until
7. Pour hot caramel over the peanuts, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool on a
cold surface for 15 minutes until set hard. Break into chards.
8. To make the caramel sauce; melt the butter over low heat in a pan.
9. Add the brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the milk and stir until smooth.
(If the caramel is too thick add a teaspoon more milk). Allow to cool.
10. To decorate, top the cheesecake with caramel chards, caramel popcorn and
drizzle with caramel sauce.