WAs Mosmans named Restaurant of the Year by R&CA
Western Australia’s best restaurants, cafs and caterers have been recognised at the Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering (R&CA) Hostplus Awards for Excellence, with Mosmans seafood restaurant being named Restaurant of the Year.
Held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre on 24 August, the awards recognise the operators who provide exceptional service, demonstrate culinary excellence and deliver great ambience and value.
The awards comprise 37 categories, and the major winners this year were:
Mosmans Restaurant, Mosman Park – Restaurant of the Year; (also won best Seafood Restaurant)
- Mustard Catering, Perth Zoo – Caterer of the Year; (also Venue Caterer and Wedding Caterer)
- The Painted Bird Bar & Kitchen – Consumer Vote Award
- Hans Lang – Lifetime Achiever; and
- Warwick Lavis – Hall of Fame.
“The winners should be proud of their achievements, as they have been rigorously reviewed in one of the most objective awards systems, which looks at the entire dining experience, rather than a single food or service dimension,” said R&CA CEO, John Hart.
“I thank all the operators who participate in the Awards for Excellence program for their passion, commitment and dedication to their craft. Both the finalists and winners have made a significant contribution to the industry and its reputation for great food and wine across the world.”
Some of the winning businesses will compete at the national Awards for Excellence held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on 26 October.
“The rewards have never been greater for those who participate in the program, with finalists and winners highlighted on the Savour Australia website to the world,” said Hart.
R&CA Awards for Excellence winners
- ASIAN RESTAURANT – Nobu, PERTH
- BREAKFAST RESTAURANT – Emporium Bistro, BRIDGETOWN
- CAF RESTAURANT – Emporium Bistro, BRIDGETOWN
- COFFEE SHOP/TEA HOUSE – The Coffee Club, KALAMUNDA
- CONTEMPORARY AUSTRALIAN RESTAURANT – Nine Fine Food, HIGHGATE
- EUROPEAN RESTAURANT – Bistro Des Artistes, SUBIACO
- FAMILY DINING – Lo Zucchero, CITY BEACH
- FINE DINING – Co-Op Dining, EAST PERTH
- INDIAN/SUB-CONTINENT RESTAURANT – Punjab Indian Restaurant, INNALOO
- ITALIAN RESTAURANT – Orecchiette, BUNBURY
- NEW RESTAURANT – Edosei Japanese Restaurant, PERTH
- RESTAURANT IN A LICENCED VENUE – Muscats Restaurant & Bar – Novotel Vines Resort, THE VINES
- RESTAURANT IN A WINERY – Kirby’s at Rickety Gate Restaurant & Cooking School, DENMARK
- SEAFOOD RESTAURANT – Mosmans Restaurant, MOSMAN PARK
- SPECIALTY RESTAURANT – Meeka Restaurant, SUBIACO
- STEAK RESTAURANT – HONOURABLE MENTION – Rustlers Steakhouse, ALBANY
- TAPAS RESTAURANT – Casellas Wine Tapas Grill, BUNBURY
- TOURISM RESTAURANT – Sandalford Estate Restaurant & Winery, CAVERSHAM
WESTERN AUSTRALIA CATERING AWARDS
- CORPORATE CATERER – Beaumonde Catering, BASSENDEAN
- EVENTS CATERER – Beaumonde Catering, BASSENDEAN
- FUNCTION/CONVENTION CENTRE CATERER – The University Club of Western Australia, CRAWLEY
- INDUSTRIAL/INSTITUTIONAL CATERER – Kirribilli Catering – Curtin University, BENTLEY
- RESTAURANT CATERER – Must Winebar, HIGHGATE
- SITE-CONTRACT CATERER – Compass Group – ESS Support Services Worldwide – Barrow Island Construction Village, BARROW ISLAND
- SMALL CATERER – Creative Catering, WANGARA
- VENUE CATERER – Mustard Catering – Perth Zoo, SOUTH PERTH
- WEDDING CATERER – Mustard Catering – Perth Zoo, SOUTH PERTH
WESTERN AUSTRALIA HOSPITALITY AWARDS
- APPRENTICE CHEF – Brody Young-Steedman – Co-Op Dining
- CHEF – Muneki Song – Nine Fine Foods
- EMPLOYEE – Katherine Strang – Beaumonde Catering
- MAITRE’D/MANAGER – Pierre Bessiere – Core Cider House
- PRODUCT SUPPLY – Phenomenon Creative Event Services