Victoria University launches new hospitality school
Victoria University (VU) has launched the School for the Visitor Economy in a bid to focus on hospitality, tourism, and event management.
The university will offer accredited training and education from certificates to PhDs and conduct research aimed at informing government and industry policies and strategies.
School for the Visitor Economy director Dr Joanne Pyke said VU students can move seamlessly between courses, while completing work-integrated-learning and on-the-job internships with partners such as the RACV Club, QUEST Serviced Apartments and Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Dr Pyke said the need for qualified and skilled staff has never been greater as businesses face growing skills gaps and recruitment shortages.
“Our graduates will have a wide choice of opportunities in Victoria, Australia and overseas, ranging from entry-level jobs in hotels and restaurants to executive roles within industry and government.”
School of the Visitor Economy courses:
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism & Hospitality Management and Event Management)
- Associate Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Event Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Certificate II and III in Hospitality
- Certificates in Commercial Cookery