Terrigal bar secures Mike Tomasic as head bartender
Rhonda’s, a tapas bar and cocktail lounge located on the NSW Central Coast has secured internationally renowned mixologist, Mike Tomasic as head bartender.
Dubbed the ‘king of cocktails’ after winning the 2014 Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge in Trinidad and Tobago, Tomasic will bring over 16 years of global bartending experience to Terrigal’s evolving dining and bar scene.
“Rhonda’s was designed as a venue that the owners actually wanted to hang out in with their family and friends – a warm, comfortable and inviting locale that lacked pretention – a special meeting place to bring people together,” says Tomasic who has moved from Bondi’s Mr Moustache for the new role.
“I’ve been on the Coast many times over the years; I have always loved the feel of the area and its people, so the thought of relocating to the region for work really excited me. The small bar community is still in its infancy on the Central Coast, which is super exciting. So far the feedback for Rhonda’s has been amazing, the local support has been fantastic, and I look forward to getting to know the locals and travellers from Sydney and afar – delivering cocktails on the Coast to rock their socks!”
Tomasic’s signature cocktails include:
- D’Vine – one of Tomasic’s award-winning cocktails that saw him fly to the south of France in mid-2013 to compete in the G’Vine Global Cocktail Finals. G’Vine gin, apricot brandy, peach, lemon, egg white for a soft velvety texture, feeling like you’re drinking little clouds.
- Apple Pie – Fireball cinnamon whiskey, fresh green apple a la minute, fresh citrus, mint and a funky striped straw – an absolute banger!
- Spiced Banana Old Fashioned – Angostura rum infused with banana, St Elizabeth Allspice Dram, cinnamon syrup, Angostura bitters.
- Japanese Michelada – Asahi beer, fresh citrus, Clamato juice, and Rhonda’s secret blend of spices.
Food wise, Rhonda’s winter menu will include the likes of:
- Braised wagyu beef with gremolata crust and potato gnocchi
- White miso blue-eye cod & cauliflower
- Belgian chocolate fondant with vanilla bean ice cream and Persian fairy floss
Rhonda’s officially opened in late 2014, and is located at 3 – 5 Kurrawyba Avenue, Terrigal, NSW Central Coast.