A fire that broke out in a Sydney restaurant over the weekend has left two men in hospital and closed a major intersection for almost three hours.

The two men suffered smoke inhalation from a fire that originated from the kitchen of the three-story Seoul Ria Korean restaurant, located above the De La France caf on the corner of Sydney’s George and Goulburn streets – one of the CBD’s major intersections.

NSW Fire and Rescue Superintendent, Greg Rankin told news.com.au that the blaze broke out at around 11.20am on Sunday 23 August, and that 13 people were evacuated from the building.

Rankin says that the blaze was contained at around midday and that the intersection was reopened at around 2pm.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *