Speakeasy Group cleans up at Time Out Melbourne Bar Awards
The Speakeasy Group has taken home three gongs at the fourth annual Time Out Melbourne’s Bar Awards including the top accolade, Bar of the Year.
Eau De Vie took out the Bar of the Year award along with Best Bar Team while the Group’s recently opened Boilermaker House was named Best New Bar.
Another big winner on the night was Michael Madrusan. Two of his Melbourne-based bars,The Everleigh and Heartbreaker were named Best Cocktail Bar and Best Party Bar respectively.
The Black Pearl also took home two awards with Nathan Beasley named Best Bartender and Luke Sanderson taking out the Hot Talent Award.
The event was held at The Mill House on Flinders Lane and was hosted by DJ and comedian Andrew McClelland.
“Melbourne’s bar scene continues to evolve to meet the demands of an increasingly savvy audience,” says Time Out Australia CEO Michael Rodrigues. “Bottled cocktails, biodynamic wines and restaurant-quality food are amongst other improvements Melbourne’s bar owners have introduced to keep customers coming back.”
The 2015 Time Out Melbourne’s Bar Award winners
BEST NEW BAR
- Boilermaker House
- (Highly Commended: Bar Exuberante)
BEST WINE BAR
- Bar Clarine
- (Highly Commended: Smalls)
BEST BAR FOOD
- (Highly Commended: Le Bon Ton)
- Nathan Beasley – Black Pearl
- (Highly Commended: Jack Sotti – Boilermaker House)
BEST BAR TEAM
- (Highly Commended: Black Pearl)
BEST COCKTAIL BAR
- The Everleigh
- (Highly Commended: Bar Americano)
BEST PARTY BAR
- (Highly Commended: Mr Wow's Emporium)
HOT TALENT AWARD
- Luke Sanderson – Black Pearl
- (Highly Commended: Wiremu Andrews – Smalls)
BAR OF THE YEAR
- Gin Palace