Solotel and Merivale to speak at Restaurant Leaders Summit
More speakers have been added to the lineup for the inaugural Restaurant Leaders Summit, with representatives from two of Australia’s biggest hospitality empires, Solotel and Merivale, to speak about key opportunities and challenges in the sector.
Kate Tones, human resources manager at Merivale, will sit on a panel alongside Darren Templeman from O Bar and Dining, The Fink Group’s Kylie Ball, Placed Recruitment’s Geremy Glew and Nelly Robinson from nel. restaurant, discussing the best ways to find and keeping the right staff members.
Another new addition to the line-up is David Stossel, group food and dining manager at Solotel, who will share advice on how to create more profitable menu items, and reflect on the booming fast casual sector.
Also amongst the new speakers is Warren Turnbull, owner of Chur Burger, which helped kick start the burger craze currently sweeping Sydney. Turnbull will join Stossel in offering his perspective on the rise of fast casual dining and will also share tips on how to fund growth strategies.
Held on Monday 26 September at Doltone House, Pyrmont, the one day conference will include topics such as: diversifying your revenue stream; social media – how to hold onto the hype; restaurant leader Q&As, and how millennials run restaurants.
Other speakers on the day will include:
- Josephine Perry – owner, Missy French
- Erez Gordon – owner, Bishop Sessa
- Ameer El-Issa – owner, Knafeh Bakery
- Ken Burgin – Profitable Hospitality
- Helen Yee – editor, GrabYourFork
- John Fink– The Fink Group
- Hamish Watts and Ben Carroll – Applejack Hospitality
- Lisa van Haandel – owner, The Beach Hotel, Byron Bay and Longrain, Melbourne
- Levi Aron – Australian country manager, Deliveroo
- Mitch Edwards – marketing manager, Australian Pork
- Sean O’Meara – founder, Impos
- Lisa Hasen – vice president Asia Pacific, OpenTable
- Alex Herbert – chef and food consultant, Bird Cow Fish
- Craig MacIndoe – founder of MUMU Grill and The Grass Fed Guy
- Nick Whitehouse – executive chef, The Epping Club
- Grant Lewers – founder, Restaurant Marketing
- Jake Smyth – co-owner of Mary’s and The Unicorn Hotel
Hosted by Hospitality magazine, Restaurant Leaders Summit is an opportunity for leading chefs, restaurant operators and senior managers to gain valuable insight into business best practice.
The Restaurant Leaders Summit will also offer plenty of opportunity for networking with peers, and promises to be an invaluable event for all leading stakeholders within the restaurant and foodservice industry.
Early bird tickets are now on sale, available until 25 August and priced from $195 + GST.