Quay praised at NSW Wine List Awards
Now in its second year, the NSW Wine List Awards have recognised restaurants and hospitality businesses that showcase and promote local wines.
Restaurant & Catering Australia partnered with the NSW Wine Industry Association to launch the awards as part of the Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Hostplus Awards for Excellence program.
Held on 29 October at The Imperial Paddington, the awards showcased businesses that support local wine producers through wine list development and the promotion of wines that complement their menus.
This year’s winners are:
- Squids Ink, Belmont – Informal Dining Restaurant – Small List;
- Katers Restaurant, Sutton Forest – Restaurant in a Licensed Venue Wine List;
- Honourable Mention – The Lookout – Echo Point, Katoomba – Restaurant Wine List – Comprehensive;
- Quay, Sydney – Restaurant Wine List – Extensive;
- Imperial Hotel, Paddington – Best Metropolitan Wine List Featuring NSW Wines; and
- The Lookout – Echo Point, Katoomba – Best Regional Wine List Featuring NSW Wines.
Restaurant & Catering’s CEO, John Hart, said “I’m thrilled to see that the caliber of winning businesses continues to grow, raising the bar for those who enter the awards for years to come.
“We know international visitors crave authentic local culinary experiences – this is a great way to reward those businesses that make it a core component of their operation.”