Matt Stone amongst new additions to Restaurant Leaders Summit line-up
There have been a number of exciting additions to the line-up for the upcoming Restaurant Leaders Summit, including sustainability expert and head chef at Oakridge Winery, Matt Stone.
Stone will talk about a number of the sustainability initiatives he's introduced at the winery’s restaurant since taking the reins just over a year ago, and the impact they’ve had on the operation’s bottom-line.
The young chef will be in good company, with a number of industry leaders agreeing to take part in the one day conference, held at Doltone House in Sydney on 26 September.
The most recent additions include:
- Alex Herbert, chef and food consultant, Bird Cow Fish
- Darren Templeman, head chef at O Bar & Dining
- Craig MacIndoe, founder of MUMU Grill and The Grass Fed Guy
- Nick Whitehouse, executive chef, The Epping Club
- Grant Lewers, founder, Restaurant Marketing, and
- Jake Smyth, co-owner of Mary’s and The Unicorn Hotel
Thomas Pash, CEO of the Urban Purveyor Group, will talk about the booming empire he's overseeing, and the opportunities and challenges present in today's foodservice sector.
Other speakers on the day will include:
- Josephine Perry, owner of Missy French
- Erez Gordon, owner of Bishop Sessa
- Ameer El-Issa, owner Knafeh Bakery
- Geremy Glew from Placed Recruitment
- Ken Burgin from Profitable Hospitality
- Helen Yee, editor of GrabYourFork
- John Fink and Kylie Ball from The Fink Group
- Hamish Watts and Ben Carroll from Applejack Hospitality
- Lisa van Haandel, owner of The Beach Hotel in Byron Bay, and Melbourne’s Longrain
- Levi Aron, Australian country manager at Deliveroo
- Mitch Edwards, marketing manager, Australian Pork
- Sean O’Meara, founder, Impos
- Lisa Hasen, vice president Asia Pacific, OpenTable
Hosted by Hospitality magazine, Restaurant Leaders Summit is an opportunity for leading chefs, restaurant operators and senior managers to gain valuable insight into business best practice. The day will comprise a series of presentations, panel discussion and Q&A sessions with industry leaders, with topics ranging from social media, recruitment and funding expansion to financing and the rise of fast casual dining.
The Restaurant Leaders Summit will also offer plenty of opportunity for networking with peers, and promises to be an invaluable event for all leading stakeholders within the restaurant and foodservice industry.
Early bird tickets are now on sale, available until 25 August and priced from $195 + GST.