Joost Bakkers Brothl to pop-up at Margaret River Gourmet Escape
A number of new events have been announced for this year’s Margaret River Gourmet Escape line-up, adding to an already impressive program featuring high profile industry personalities.
Melbourne’s waste-free diner Brothl, will be brought back to life for one night only by its founder Joost Bakker, along with chef Matt Stone.
In addition to Brothl, pop-up restaurant Fervor will debut a unique dinner in the Boranup Forest; Lamont’s will prepare a long lunch at Devil’s Lair with matched wines; and No. 23 on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, Vladimir Mukhin (White Rabbit, Moscow) and George Cooper from Food by the Chef will host a lunch at Margaret River’s Secret Garden.
New faces to the festival include Jo Barrett (Oakridge Wines, Yarra Valley) and Heath Townsend (Wise Vineyard Restaurant) who will join Chris Salans (Mozaic, Bali) and Matt Stone (Oakridge Wines, Yarra Valley) at the Wise Wine Restaurant for the collaborative ‘Farm, Forage, Graze’ long lunch which celebrates local foraged ingredients matched to wines from the Wise vineyard.
The three day festival will be headlined by Marco Pierre White and boast a full program of events hosted by over 40 of the world’s leading food and wine personalities.
White will be joining an impressive list of local and international chefs and food and wine professionals at the festival, six of which are working at restaurants featured in the prestigious S.Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurants list.
The line-up includes:
- Macro Pierre White (headline chef)
- Gaggan Anand (Gaggan, Bangkok) *No.10
- Rick Stein (chef and restaurateur, UK)
- David Thompson (Nahm, Bangkok) *No.22
- Jeannie Cho Lee (Master of Wine, Hong Kong)
- Enrique Olvera (Pujol, Mexico City) *No.16
- Sat Bains (Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms, Nottingham)
- Ashley Palmer-Watts (Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London) *No.7
- Rodolfo Guzman (Borago, Santiago) *No.42
- Shane Osborn (Acarne Restaurant, Hong Kong)
- Vladimir Mukhin (white Rabbit, Moscow) *No.23
- Ryan Clift (the Tippling Club, Singapore)
- Fulvio Pierangelini (Irene Restaurant, florence)
- Lisa Perrotti-Brown (Master of Wine, Singapore)
- Richard Turner (Hawksmoor, London)
- Ch'ng Poh Tiong (Wine Journalist, hong Kong)
- Chele Gonzalez (Gallery Vask, Manila)
- Sam Leong (Forest, Singapore)
- Chris Salans (Mosaic, Bali)
- Tetsuya Wakuda (Tetsuya's Restaurant, Sydney)
- Matt Moran (ARIA, Sydney)
- Jock Zonfrillo (Orana and Street-ADL, Adelaide)
- David Moyle (Franklin, Tasmania)
- Mark Best (Marque Restaurant, Sydney)
- Matt Preston (Food Journalist and Restaurant Critic Melbourne)
- Ryan Squires (Esquire, Brisbane)
- Joost Bakker (Melbourne based chef)
- George Calombaris (The Press Club, Melbourne)
- Guillaume Brahimi (Guillaume, Sydney)
- Hadleigh Troy (Restaurant Amuse, Perth)
- Adriano Zumbo (Adriano Zumbo, Sydney)
- Ben Milgate (Porteno, Sydney)
- Elvis Abrahanowicz (Porteno, Sydney)
- Josh Whiteland (Wadandi Man, Margaret River)
- Matt Stone (Oakridge Wines, Yarra Valley)
- Nick stock (wine Writer, Melbourne)
- Oliver Gould (stokehouse, Melbourne)
- David Hull (Cullen Wines, Margaret River)
- Aaron Carr (Vasse Felix, Margaret River)
- Dany Angove (Leeuwin Estate, Margaret River)
- Anna Gare (Celebrity Cook, Australia)
- Nigel Harvey (Voyager Estate, Margaret River)
- Melissa Kokoti (Xanadu, Margaret River)
- Poh Ling Yeow (Celebrity Cook, Australia)
- Michael Elfwing (Cape Lodge, Margaret River)
- Ben Day (Aravine Estate, Margaret River)
The event will run from 20-22 November, 2015
For the full program of events, click here.