General Gordon Hotel goes up in flames
Sydney pub the General Gordon Hotel was engulfed by flames on 30 July after a fire broke out on the second floor of the venue.
Fire crews arrived to the scene around 1:15pm and managed to get the blaze under control around 3pm.
The cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed, but the inferno caused a significant amount of damage to the venue, with the roof and major internal walls all collapsing.
The Sydenham hotel recently embarked on a renovation of its kitchen and bistro area along with plans to launch a new beer garden.
The hotel was purchased JDA Hotels in February 2017 for $18.1m, as part of the divestment of the publicly-listed Lantern Hotels portfolio, as reported by Australian Hotelier.
Image credit: Broadsheet