Four year old suffers burns at Sydney teppanyaki restaurant

14 December, 2015 by
Danielle Bowling

A four year old girl has suffered severe burns to her face and body while dining at Wharf Teppanyaki on Lime Street on Sydney’s King Street Wharf.

According to SMH, the girl was taken to hospital after being burnt by an open flame at about 7pm on Sunday night.

Advertisement

She is being treated for burns to her forehead, shoulders and cheeks and according to an ambulance spokesperson was in a serious condition when she was taken to Sydney Children's Hospital in Randwick.

Wharf Teppanyaki forms part of the Kobe Jones chain of restaurants and, like most teppanyaki restaurants, allows diners to sit around a hot plate as chefs prepare their food in front of them.

Advertisement

The restaurant has a teppan table seating as many as 46 people, and hosting up to 12 cooking stations.

{^youtubevideo|(width)560|(height)340|(rel)True|(autoplay)False|(fs)True|(url)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFlfoO3Xgmc|(loop)False^}

Advertisement