Drinks Innovation Summit launches
The Drinks Innovation Summit will incorporate the Liquor Retail Summit, in collaboration with Retail Drinks Australia.
Paul Wootton is curator of the Drinks Innovation Summit and publisher of Hospitality, TheShout and other leading trade titles, and he believes the summit will ensure visitors are at the forefront of the next wave of success through business innovation.
“Quite simply we’ll have the most impressive speaker line-up you’ve ever seen in liquor retail,” said Wootton. “As publishers of some of the key liquor trade titles in Australia, we’ve witnessed and shared the news about how innovation and entrepreneurship are driving the industry to rapidly evolve.”
“We know first-hand from our writers and readers that these are challenging, sometimes daunting, times. With so much disruptive technology and digital innovation it can feel overwhelming trying to keep up. That’s why we’re bringing the innovators and change-makers from across liquor together for one inspirational day. No other summit currently offers this opportunity for such compelling networking and tangible results for your business.”
Wootton confirmed that a whole suite of titles from Food and Beverage Media will power the Drinks Innovation Summit, including National Liquor News, The Shout, Australian Hotelier and Bars and Clubs, in collaboration with Retail Drinks Australia, the national industry body for liquor retailers.
“In a challenging, changeable market, innovation is the prime route to profitable growth,” says Wootton.
“Whether you’re a liquor supplier wanting to know about the very latest in brand marketing, a producer looking to launch a new whisky, craft beer or gin to the marketplace, or a liquor retailer looking to evolve your digital marketing plans or grow your sales through e-commerce, the Drinks Innovation Summit can provide answers.”
There will be over 40 speakers delivering a mix of national keynote presentations, panel discussions, client-case studies and fireside chats, organisers confirmed. Plus delegates can customise their programme along category lines since multiple streams will run simultaneously through the day.
Key stakeholders and industry leaders drawn from the Australian drinks supply, retail, wholesale and distribution sectors, the Drinks Innovation Summit will showcase a multitude of pertinent perspectives, emphasising the importance of innovation in driving liquor sales, marketing and production excellence.
- David Smith, MD, Diageo Australasia
- Mauricio Vergara, MD, Bacardi-Martini Australia
- Cathi Scarce, Acting Chief Executive, Liquor, Coles Group
- Scott Ni, Senior Director Strategy & Operations, Alibaba Group
- John Kollaras, MD, Kollaras & Co
- Gavin Saunders, CEO, Liquor Marketing Group
- Rod Pritchard, GM Merchandise, Australian Liquor Marketers
- Julie Ryan, CEO, Retail Drinks Australia
- Tony Battaglene, CEO, Australian Grape & Wine Incorporated
- Chuck Hahn, Chief Brewer, Malt Shovel Brewery
- Jamie Cook, Co-Founder, Stone & Wood, Executive Chairman, Fermentum
- Travis Fuller, Global Fine Wine Director, Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Wootton says the summit really is a must-attend for the industry.
“If you don’t attend for the impeccable speaker line-up, the focused and varied program, or the opportunities to connect with individuals and brands that can take your business to the next level, then you should come to discover exactly what your competition will be doing next.”
Key information for the Drinks Innovation Summit
- When: Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Where: Hyatt Regency, Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Who for: Suppliers, distributors, marketers and retailers
- More information and tickets are available online at Drinks Innovation Summit
- Keep up to date on social via Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin. Follow #DrinksIS for the latest news.