Chef of the Year finalists revealed
Some of the best chefs in Sydney and Melbourne have been listed as finalists in this year’s Good Food Guide Chef of the Year award.
The SMH Good Food Guide Awards will be announced on 7 September, while its The Age counterpart in Melbourne will host its awards night on 21 September.
The SMH Good Food Guide 2016 Chef of the Year finalists are:
- Alessandro Pavoni – Ormeggio at The Spit
- Martin Benn – Sepia
- Pasi Petanen – Caf Paci
- Peter Gilmore – Quay and Bennelong
- Ross Lusted – The Bridge Room
The Age Good Food Guide 2016 Chef of the Chef finalists are:
- Ben Shewry – Attica
- Dan Hunter – Brae
- Dave Verheul – The Town Mouse
- Florent Gerardin – Pei Modern
- Ryan Flagherty – Mister Jennings
Earlier this week the People’s Choice Award for both SMH and The Age were announced, with Catalina in Rose Bay taking out the Sydney crown, and Red Spice Road named as Melbourne’s top pick. Click here to see the top 10 restaurants, as voted by diners, for each city.