Canberra Night Noodle Markets full menu released
The Night Noodle Markets has revealed the menus for 2019’s Canberra event, which is returning to Reconciliation Place from 1-10 March.
The cash-free food festival will celebrate cuisines from across Asia, lit up by the illuminations of the Enlighten Festival. A range of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options will be available.
Crowd-favourites Hoy Pinoy, Puffle, POKLOL, and Waffleland will be joined by exciting newcomers Chinese Burger Funky Tots by Bao Brothers, ZOMG SANDO, @Roll Up, Churken, May’s Malaysian Hawker, and Wonderbao. Gelato Messina will be making the trip down to the Capital in their big Filipino Jeepney bus.
The menu includes, but is not limited too
- Bangkok Street Food: Thai fish cakes and dry noodles with tom yum flavour
- Calabang: Crispy calamari and long potato fries
- Chinese Burger Funky Tots (by Bao Brothers): Chinese burger with salt and pepper eggplant, Sichuan sauce and shallot salad; ‘BBQ pork banh mi tater tots’ with BBQ pork, carrot and daikon herb salad, crispy shallots and coriander;
- Chur Burger: ‘hoisin goin bro’ with grilled beef, cheese, crispy five spiced bacon, butter lettuce, hoisin bbq sauce, rice wine pickles, prawn cracker and aioli; ‘pepper pig’ (for the year of the pig) with salt and pepper crispy pork belly, pickled slaw, chilli black bean mayo and pork cotton candy
- Chur-Ken: ‘straight outta Szechuan’ Churken wings with Szechuan salt and pepper; ‘me soy honey’ churken wings with honey soy sauce, both served with Asian slaw and spicy pickles
- Donburi Station: ‘Tokyo taco’, fusion beef taco served with salsa and toppings on rice
- Flying Noodles: Flying noodles served with grilled chicken, pork or prawns
- Hoy Pinoy: ‘Lechon’, chopped and served on rice with atchara and spiced vinegar; ‘Mais’ grilled corn with cheese sauce
- Hoy Pinoy Cart: ‘Inihaw Na Manok’, BBQ chicken skewers with traditional glaze and ‘Inihaw Na Baboy’ BBQ pork belly skewers with banana ketchup glaze
- Little Kyoto x Pho Real!?: ‘Phoritto’ pho in a burrito; ‘takoyaki yowers’ Japanese octopus filled dumplings
- May’s Malaysian Hawker: ‘Fried radish cake’, a dish unique to May’s and a must try
- Bao: ‘gua bao trio’, crackling pork belly gua bao, karaage chicken gua bao and Korean beef gua bao
- Okonomiyaki: ‘Okonomiyaki’, Japanese style pizza; ‘teriyaki cheese steak fries’, chips with beef or chicken, cheese and teriyaki sauce
- Fusion Paella Del Mar: ‘Paella Bombay’, caramelised chicken and calamari, Indian curry leaves, cardamom and cinnamon infusion, with brown rice topped with caramelised pineapple and shallots
- POKLOL x Puffle: ‘Mac N Goreng’, mac ‘n’ cheese with a mi goreng twist, ‘KFC Cheese Puffle’, Korean fried chicken stuffed inside a cone-shaped egg-filled cheese waffle, topped with Japanese mayo and shallots
- @Roll up: ‘Roti dippers’, plain roti with homemade peanut sauce, ‘Peking duck roti roll’ with Peking duck, mixed salad, cucumber, onion and homemade sauce
- Satay Brothers: ‘Classic satay’, flame grilled chicken satay skewers, coconut rice, greens, onions, and spicy peanut sauce
- Shallot Thai: ‘Crackling pork noodle’, roasted pork belly in caramelised sauce with boiled egg noodles
- Teppanyaki Noodles: Authentic yakisoba with sizzling chicken, beef or vegetables
- Twistto: ‘Original Korean twist potato’, fresh potato, hand cut into a tornado shape, twisted on a stick, deep fried and finished with various seasonings
- What The Pho: Pho beef noodle soup with rare beef, beansprout, onion, coriander and chilli
- Wok Master: Roasted duck stir fried with Hokkien noodles in XO sauce
- Wonderbao: ‘Gua bao’, Korean fried chicken, roast pork belly, or teriyaki tofu
- ZOMG Sando: Japanese deep-fried beef Wagyu cutlet or chicken cutlet done ZOMG sando style
Sweet options include
- Gelato Messina: ‘Brazo de Messina’ — layers of pandan gelato, baked meringue and condensed milk custard sandwiched between a Graham cCracker crust; ‘thrilla from Manila’ — brown sugar banana gelato and banana bread wrapped in filo pastry, deep fried then topped with custard and chocolate peanut butter crumb; ‘Allo’ allo!’ — caramel leche flan, caramel syrup, caramel sauce, toasted milk crumb, caramel shaved ice, evaporated milk and dulce de leche gelato; ‘Filopieno’ — condensed milk gelato, fried pie crust, peach jellies, mango salsa, mango Chantilly and Graham cracker crumb
- Waffleland: ‘cheeky monkey’ — fresh baked waffle stick served with peanut butter and ice cream topped with fresh bananas, pretzels and drizzled with caramel syrup and wafer sticks.
- Wonderbao: ‘Nai Wong Bao’ — sweet golden buttery egg custard
Those making their way to the Night Noodle Markets at Reconciliation Place are encouraged to take public transport as parking in the area is very limited.