The Top 8 bartenders have been selected to progress to the national semi-final in the 2017/2018 Bacardí Legacy Global Cocktail Competition in Australia.
Bacardí brand ambassadors, Loy Catada, Andy Wren and Peter Hollands, reviewed the Top 30 entries from around the country, making each drink and reviewing the recipe videos submitted by the country’s leading bartenders.
The competitors were judged against set criteria including taste, aroma, innovation and inspiration.
“They were very passionate, the drinks were positively delicious, and their preparation and enthusiasm for the competition came across in every entry’s video,” says Catada.
The Top 8 bartenders who will be advancing to the semi-final are:
- Ella Rhodes — Cobbler, QLD
- James Irvine — The Swillhouse Group, NSW
- Leroy Martin-McEwan — The Gresham, QLD
- Matthew Blackburn — Hotel Harry, NSW
- Oliver Churcher — Ramblin’ Rascal, NSW
- Vini Wang — Hains & Co., SA
- Will Krepop — The Palm Royale, VIC
- Zachary Underwood-Mynott — Canvas Club, QLD
The Top 8 will now compete in the national semi-final in Melbourne on 1 November. The competitors will present their Legacy cocktail as well as the original Bacardí Daiquiri in front of an independent judging panel. The semi-final event will culminate at that evening’s cocktail party where the ‘Three Most Promising’ will be announced.
Read more about the Bacardí Legacy Cocktail Competition here.