After conducting two days of cook-offs, the annual Electrolux Appetite for Excellence competition has announced the state finalists for its Young Chef category.
Earlier this month, the program announced the Young Restaurateur finalists and the Young Waiter state finalists, as well as a lengthy list of chef finalists, who, on 16 and 17 May, meet in Sydney to cook for the competition’s judges.
Now in its 11th year, the program boasts a list of well-respected industry veterans as judges, including Mark Best, Peter Gilmore, Luke Mangan, Nick Hildebrandt and Peter Sullivan.
National winners for all three categories will be crowned at an awards ceremony in Sydney on 8 August.
The Young Chef state finalists are:
- Aaron Ward – Sixpenny, NSW
- Braden White – The Apo, QLD
- Cameron Jones – Red Cabbage Food + Wine, WA
- Chris Howard – The Freycinet Lodge, TAS
- Jordan Monkhouse – Aria Brisbane, QLD
- Liz Edney – One Penny Red, NSW
- Mal Meiers – Fatto Bar & Cantina, VIC
- Nick Gannaway – The Bridge Room, NSW
- Phillip Roberts – Eschalot Restaurant, NSW
- Shayne Mansfield – The Long Apron, QLD
- Thiago Miranda – Church Street Enoteca, VIC
- Troy Crisante – Bennelong Restaurant, NSW
- Zackary Furst – IDES, VIC