AHA NSW Awards for Excellence winners revealed
The NSW hotel industry’s night of nights, the AHA NSW Awards for Excellence were held last night at The Star Ballroom, Sydney.
The Awards' top accolades were presented to Merivale’s Establishment (Sydney CBD) who took out the award for Overall Hotel of the Year (city), while The Lucky Hotel (Newcastle) took out the Overall Hotel of the Year (country) award.
The Lucky Hotel's Hayley McCloy also won the Best Individual Hotel Operator award; chef Matt Kemp of the Charing Cross Hotel took out the Chef of the Year title; and Bruce Solomon of Solotel was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Almost 1,000 business, industry and community leaders were present at the Awards ceremony.
Commenting on the caliber of this year’s winners, AHA NSW CEO John Whelan said: “These venues really do represent the best in the industry. Our venues employ more than 75,000 people across NSW and it is great to see the hard work of management and staff honoured here tonight."
Other award winners included:
- Best traditional hotel bar: Banjo Paterson Inn, Jindabyne
- Best Cocktail/lounge bar: Palmer & Co, Sydney CBD
- Best boutique beer offering: The Winston, Winston Hills
- Best family friendly hotel: Soden’s, Albury
- Best outdoor/non-enclosed facility: Republic, Sydney CBD
- Best new/redeveloped hotel (country): The Lucky Hotel, Newcastle
- Best new/redeveloped hotel (city): Collaroy Hotel, Collaroy
- Outstanding community service and achievement: Belrose Hotel, Belrose
- Best restaurant (country): Graze at the Willow Tree Inn, Willow Tree
- Best restaurant (city): Ananas Bar & Brasserie, The Rocks
- Best fine dining restaurant (mains $35+): est., Establishment, Sydney CBD
- Best entertainment venue: Golden Sheaf, Double Bay
- Best sports bar: Kingscliff Beach Hotel, Kingscliff
- Best pub-style accommodation (traditional) – Junction Hotel, The Junction
- Best pub-style accommodation (deluxe) – The Lucky Hotel, Newcastle
- Best group hotel operator of the year: Redcape Hotel Group
To view the full list of winners, click here.