Adelaide’s Angkor Bakery has been caught up in a salmonella outbreak after a number of cases were linked to the stores.
A total of 21 cases of salmonella have been reported to SA Health and 14 people have been hospitalised after eating Vietnamese rolls at one of the bakery’s three stores.
SA health inspectors have visited the three locations to take food and environmental samples which will be tested and assist in identifying the source of the contamination. The infection could be attributed to raw egg butter, pate or barbecue pork ingredients.
The business has shut down its three locations while the investigation continues.
Shop owner Lakhina Eung has apologised to customers who have been impacted by the outbreak.
“I hope that the public and the community still trusts us and we [will] try our best to do everything as the council and SA Health require,” she said.
Image credit: Seven News