The Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Hostplus Awards for Excellence last night named the ACT’s best foodservice operators, with Braddon’s Sage taking out the top restaurant gong.
The awards recognise the capital city’s leading operators, who provide exceptional service, demonstrate culinary excellence and deliver great ambience and value for money.
With 25 categories, the major awards winners were:
- Sage, Braddon – Restaurant of the Year
- Hyatt Hotel Canberra, Yarralumla – Caterer of the Year; best Events Caterer
- Carlo Tosolini – Lifetime Achiever; and
- Charlie’s Sala Thai Restaurant, Greenway – Consumer Vote Award.
Restaurant & Catering Australia CEO, John Hart, said “The winners should be proud of their achievements, as they have been rigorously reviewed in one of the most objective awards systems, which looks at the entire dining experience, rather than a single food or service dimension.
“I thank all the operators who participate in the Awards for Excellence program for their passion, commitment and dedication to their craft.”
Some of the winning businesses will compete at the national Awards for Excellence held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on Monday 26 October.
The full list of winners from last night’s ceremony is below.
- ASIAN RESTAURANT – Wild Duck, KINGSTON
- BREAKFAST RESTAURANT – Silver Fox, CURTIN
- CAF RESTAURANT – Pod Food, PIALLIGO
- CONTEMPORARY AUSTRALIAN RESTAURANT – Sage, BRADDON
- EUROPEAN RESTAURANT – HONOURABLE MENTION – Pulp Kitchen, AINSLIE
- INDIAN / SUB-CONTINENT RESTAURANT – Blu Ginger, CIVIC
- ITALIAN RESTAURANT – Briscola Pizzeria, CIVIC
- NEW RESTAURANT – Farmhouse – Pialligo Estate, CANBERRA
- RESTAURANT IN A LICENSED VENUE – Column Restaurant – National Press Club of Australia, BARTON
- RESTAURANT IN A WINERY – Poachers Pantry Smokehouse Caf, HALL
- SEAFOOD RESTAURANT – HONOURABLE MENTION – C Dine Bar, KINGSTON
- SPECIALTY RESTAURANT – Taz Mediterranean Cuisine, CANBERRA CITY
- TOURISM RESTAURANT – Bookplate Caf – National Library of Australia, PARKES
ACT CATERING AWARDS
- CORPORATE CATERER – Topgun Catering, FYSHWICK
- EVENTS CATERER – Hyatt Hotel Canberra, YARRALUMLA
- FUNCTION/CONVENTION CENTRE CATERER – QT Canberra, CANBERRA CITY
- NEW CATERER – HONOURABLE MENTION – Bookplate Caf – National Library of Australia, PARKES
- SITE/INDUSTRIAL CATERER – Trippas White Group – Australian Institute of Sport, BRUCE
- SMALL CATERER – Topgun Catering, FYSHWICK
- VENUE CATERER – Broadbean Catering – National Museum of Australia, ACTON
- WEDDING CATERER – Boathouse by the Lake, BARTON
Earlier this year, South Australia's leading foodservice operators were praised at the state's Awards for Excellence. See the results here.