Ora King Awards semi-finalists announced
The semi-finalists for the Best Ora King Dish Australia have been announced.
The chefs were required to submit their entry online and specify information about the dish including the chef’s inspiration and techniques along with an accompanying image.
The semi-finalists are:
- Sean Collett, Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron
- Leigh McDivitt, Banksia Bistro/ Macquarie Bistro
- Joshua Askew, Swissotel
- Simon Hanakura, ARIA Brisbane
- Benjamin Keal, The Reveley
- Keat Young Lee, EZARD Melbourne
- Christopher Bonello, MPD Steak Kitchen
- Arum Yun, Nobu Melbourne
The dishes will be judged from 21 August–10 September according to dish composition, taste, execution and technique along with X-factor.
The finalists will be announced on 18 September and will be invited to Japan for a culinary trip-of-a-lifetime. Japan was chosen as this year’s destination to celebrate the expansion of the Best Ora King Dish award category into the Japanese market and also to celebrate the Ora King Awards fifth anniversary. The awards winners will be named in Japan on 17 October.