12 successful applicants for the 15th annual Len Evans Tutorial have been announced.
The annual program is designed specifically for professionals in wine, vineyard, hospitality and sales with the aim of further developing each scholar's wine appreciation.
During the Tutorial, the scholars will join some of the nation’s top wine experts over a week in the Hunter Valley where rare and prized wines will be opened, tasted and scrutinized. The program is designed to define the demands of wine show judging and to define quality by exposing the scholars to the great wine styles of the world.
A team of five tutors will be present during the Tutorial including: James Halliday, Ian McKenzie, Iain Riggs, Gary Steel and Michael Hill Smith and guest tutor Tyson Stelzer.
Scholars from the past 14 Tutorials are now gracing the judging benches at all major wine shows across Australia.
2015 Len Evans Tutorial Scholars:
- Marie Clay, Wolf Blass Winemaker
- Adam Cotterell, City Wine Shop Retail Sales & Events Manager
- Matt Dunne, MorSul Group Sommelier
- Patrick Haddock, Reserve Wine Bar Owner/Wine Writer-Blogger
- Peter Kelly, Peter Lehmann Wines Senior Winemaker
- Gwyneth Olsen, Briar Ridge Vineyard Chief Winemaker/General Manager
- Simon Osicka, Paul Osicka Wines Winemaker/Viticulturist
- Luke Skeer, Devil's Lair Vineyard Senior Winemaker/Winery Manager
- Simon Steele, Medhurst Wines Winemaker
- Liam Van Pelt, Chapel Hill Winery Assistant Winemaker
- Daniel Swincer, Pernod Ricard Winemakers Red Winemaker
- James Welsh, Stillwater Restaurant/ Sommelier/Co-owner Black Cow Bistro